Family tribute to woman found dead on Cumbrian lane
Last updated at 08:59, Thursday, 01 March 2012
The family of a woman whose body was found on a lane in Brough have paid further tribute to a "loving and supportive mother and grandparent."
The body of Rose-Marie Valente, aged 49, of Bingley in West Yorkshire, was found on Black Bull Lane at about 8am on Monday.
In a statement issued yesterday, her family said: "Rose was a loving and doting mother and nana, she was loved and will be greatly missed by the family and her friends."
Today they revealed she had been in Cumbria for the weekend to spend time with her boyfriend.
They added: "As a family we are devastated with the loss of our mother and hoping to find out more information as time goes on.
"The police have given us an outline to what they believe was the cause of death but as you can understand we are wanting to know what events led up to that. Rose was a loving and supportive mother and grandparent and we will miss her terribly and are devastated by this."
A 48-year-old local man who was arrested and questioned by police has been released on bail.
Police - who are treating her death as suspicious and unexplained - have appealed for anyone who saw or spoke to Rose-Marie Valente over the weekend and anyone who saw a silver 4x4 vehicle on the Sunday evening / Monday morning in the Brough and Kirkby Stephen area to call Carlisle CID on 101.
First published at 08:37, Wednesday, 29 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (5 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)