Family tribute to Cumbrian man killed in crash
Published at 16:11, Friday, 30 March 2012
The family of a Cumbrian driving instructor killed in a road crash have paid tribute to a "bubbly, loving gentleman."
Eric Coulson, 62, of Wampool Place, Wigton, died at the scene of the accident on the A596 Wigton bypass yesterday, after his car collided with a lorry.
He was the only person in the white Suzuki Swift car which collided with an NHS supplies delivery truck shortly before 9am. The lorry driver, a 45-year-old man from Liverpool, was not injured.
Mr Coulson's granddaughter Jessica, 18, said: “We would like Eric to be remembered as the kind, bubbly, loving gentleman he was, who always had a smile on his face and always helped others.
"Many, many people will miss him and we are very grateful for his help, advice and driving skills.
“I, myself, appreciate everything he has ever done for me; from changing my nappy to comforting me and, obviously, getting me through my test.
"He was a huge tower of strength for our family and somehow, somewhere, he still will be, helping us through this hard time."
Mr Coulson's daughter Rachel added that he was "a very special man, a true family man who always put us first. "
And she said: "He was honest and decent and would not harm a soul. All the tributes to him on Facebook have been a huge comfort. He has had a harrowing few months but is at peace now.
“He will be missed greatly by all that knew him.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (11 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)