Ex-police counter clerk in Carlisle court on string of charges
Published at 08:39, Friday, 16 March 2012
A former police counter clerk has appeared in court charged with theft, misconduct and supplying and conspiring to supply drugs.
Ben David Lewis, 21, of Cumrew, Heads Nook, near Brampton, was working for the police at Carlisle’s Civic Centre when he is alleged to have committed the offences, between January and June last year.
He is charged with stealing two wallets and a camera belonging to Cumbria Constabulary, two counts of wilful misconduct by disclosing confidential information, one count of supplying cocaine, one of supplying cannabis and one of conspiring to supply cannabis.
He appeared before city magistrates but did not enter any pleas.
Four other defendants, all charged with a range of connected offences, also appeared in court.
Jamie MacAuley, 20, of Station Road, Cumwhinton, is charged with conspiring to supply cannabis and of aiding and abetting Lewis. A 17-year-old Carlisle girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is also charged with conspiring with Lewis and MacAuley to supply cannabis.
Benjamin Stout, 20, of Red Bank Terrace, Currock, Carlisle, is also charged with aiding and abetting Lewis.
No pleas were entered and all four will now appear at Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
Paul Elliman, 18, of Warwick Road, has been charged with offering to supply cannabis and of being concerned in the supply of cannabis.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cumbrian mum to run Edinburgh Marathon for heart unit
- £500,000 cycling track planned for Carlisle community campus
- Skipper Grainger ready to fight for Carlisle Utd armband
- Teen wins Royal Television Society award for film about 'gran she never knew'
- Dalston bike man has some competition - from a scarecrow
- Jobs under threat at Willmott Dixon (4 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (143 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)