Ex-Celtic and Arsenal star to guest at cancer fundraiser
Last updated at 12:01, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Football fans are invited to a night with former Arsenal, West Ham and Celtic striker John Hartson – and raise money for cancer research at the same time.
Hartson, a special guest at a Sportsman’s Evening organised by Bransty FC at the Marchon Club in Whitehaven on Friday, March 8, was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2009.
And now recovered, he raises money for research through the John Hartson Foundation, which will share with Bransty proceeds from the event.
Hartson won 51 caps for Wales and netted over 100 times for Celtic during his colourful career.
The event will also feature a comedian, raffle and auction, and tickets at £25, including dinner, are available from Michael Burns on 07845 307739.
First published at 11:47, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)