Ex-Celtic and Arsenal star to guest at cancer fundraiser
Last updated at 12:01, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Football fans are invited to a night with former Arsenal, West Ham and Celtic striker John Hartson – and raise money for cancer research at the same time.
Hartson, a special guest at a Sportsman’s Evening organised by Bransty FC at the Marchon Club in Whitehaven on Friday, March 8, was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2009.
And now recovered, he raises money for research through the John Hartson Foundation, which will share with Bransty proceeds from the event.
Hartson won 51 caps for Wales and netted over 100 times for Celtic during his colourful career.
The event will also feature a comedian, raffle and auction, and tickets at £25, including dinner, are available from Michael Burns on 07845 307739.
First published at 11:47, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (3 comments)
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (25 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Cumbrian Lord of the Manor titles for sale - for £5,500 each