Eden Valley woman named Miss Cumbria
Last updated at 13:33, Monday, 03 December 2012
A 22-year-old from the Eden Valley has been crowned Miss Cumbria.
Deborah Ingram, of Long Marton, near Appleby, beat 44 others to take the prize at a glamorous evening at Carlisle Racecourse.
Second place went to Shema Haque, 22, of Penrith. And third place went to Alice Simpson, 18, of Percy Road, Longsowerby, Carlisle.
The final included themes of sports wear, day wear/party wear, evening wear and eco outfits.
Mark Jones, Miss England regional organiser, said: “It was out of this world. Simply amazing.”
Deborah will now be entered into the Miss England Final, taking place in June next year.
The competition was run in association with The Lanes Shopping Centre.
First published at 13:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (33 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)