Eden Valley woman named Miss Cumbria
Last updated at 13:33, Monday, 03 December 2012
A 22-year-old from the Eden Valley has been crowned Miss Cumbria.
Deborah Ingram, of Long Marton, near Appleby, beat 44 others to take the prize at a glamorous evening at Carlisle Racecourse.
Second place went to Shema Haque, 22, of Penrith. And third place went to Alice Simpson, 18, of Percy Road, Longsowerby, Carlisle.
The final included themes of sports wear, day wear/party wear, evening wear and eco outfits.
Mark Jones, Miss England regional organiser, said: “It was out of this world. Simply amazing.”
Deborah will now be entered into the Miss England Final, taking place in June next year.
The competition was run in association with The Lanes Shopping Centre.
First published at 13:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cumbrian ex-soldier accused of gun-running to stand trial in India
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Billionaire owner aiming to turn Cumbrian brewer into global brand
- Cumbrian TV star Helen Skelton and family moving to France
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)