Eden Valley woman named Miss Cumbria
Last updated at 13:33, Monday, 03 December 2012
A 22-year-old from the Eden Valley has been crowned Miss Cumbria.
Deborah Ingram, of Long Marton, near Appleby, beat 44 others to take the prize at a glamorous evening at Carlisle Racecourse.
Second place went to Shema Haque, 22, of Penrith. And third place went to Alice Simpson, 18, of Percy Road, Longsowerby, Carlisle.
The final included themes of sports wear, day wear/party wear, evening wear and eco outfits.
Mark Jones, Miss England regional organiser, said: “It was out of this world. Simply amazing.”
Deborah will now be entered into the Miss England Final, taking place in June next year.
The competition was run in association with The Lanes Shopping Centre.
First published at 13:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site