Cumbrian village doctor suspended
Last updated at 11:37, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A village doctor has been suspended from practising, following an allegation about his professional conduct.
Dr Martin John has been suspended without prejudice from Dalston Medical Practice while medical bosses carry out a full investigation.
It is unclear exactly how long the doctor, who is one of two male GPs at the surgery, has been on suspension, but it is understood to be a matter of days rather than weeks.
An NHS Cumbria spokeswoman said: “NHS Cumbria can confirm that a GP at Dalston Medical Practice has been suspended without prejudice in line with the primary care trust’s disciplinary procedures.
“Patient services at the surgery are unaffected.”
First published at 11:31, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)