Cumbrian village doctor suspended
Last updated at 11:37, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A village doctor has been suspended from practising, following an allegation about his professional conduct.
Dr Martin John has been suspended without prejudice from Dalston Medical Practice while medical bosses carry out a full investigation.
It is unclear exactly how long the doctor, who is one of two male GPs at the surgery, has been on suspension, but it is understood to be a matter of days rather than weeks.
An NHS Cumbria spokeswoman said: “NHS Cumbria can confirm that a GP at Dalston Medical Practice has been suspended without prejudice in line with the primary care trust’s disciplinary procedures.
“Patient services at the surgery are unaffected.”
First published at 11:31, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with