Cumbrian village doctor suspended
Last updated at 11:37, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A village doctor has been suspended from practising, following an allegation about his professional conduct.
Dr Martin John has been suspended without prejudice from Dalston Medical Practice while medical bosses carry out a full investigation.
It is unclear exactly how long the doctor, who is one of two male GPs at the surgery, has been on suspension, but it is understood to be a matter of days rather than weeks.
An NHS Cumbria spokeswoman said: “NHS Cumbria can confirm that a GP at Dalston Medical Practice has been suspended without prejudice in line with the primary care trust’s disciplinary procedures.
“Patient services at the surgery are unaffected.”
First published at 11:31, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (60 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)