Cumbrian firm wins contract for NHS transplant fleet
Last updated at 13:51, Wednesday, 07 November 2012
A Penrith company has won a prestigious contract to supply the livery for NHS Blood and Transplant vehicles.
Fleet graphics business Ast Signs has been awarded the three-year national contract to provide vehicle graphics to a fleet of more than 525 new vehicles throughout the UK.
Company bosses have revealed that the new contract has resulted in the creation of new jobs as part of their expansion plans.
The fleet includes emergency vehicles, commercial vehicles, cars and staff transport and is a major development for Ast Signs. The company specialises in fleet branding, signage and wall prints.
Its major clients include the Stobart Group, Ford World Rally Team, HSS Hire and Malcolm Logistics.
Mark Aston, Ast managing director, said; “We were absolutely delighted to win this contract. The process took nearly a year and we were competing against many of our largest competitors in the UK.
“It is an endorsement of the investment we have made in the business and the professionalism of our staff.
“We’ve created 10 new positions in the last six months, all of which have been recruited locally.”
First published at 13:44, Wednesday, 07 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site