Cumbria v Northumberland match abandoned
Last updated at 12:28, Tuesday, 09 August 2011
Cumbria golfers collected a useful victory over Northumberland despite their Northern Counties League match being abandoned because of rain.
The course at Newbiggin-by-the-Sea was left unplayable and both captains had no choice but to call a halt to the clash.
Cumbria won the morning foursomes 4.5-1.5 and, in the event of the match being abandoned before the singles, both sides shared six points.
Cumbria captain Martin Hand and partner Geoff Nixon won their foursomes match, Will Bowe and John Longcake won their match and there was also success for Thomas Forster and Grant Little and Stephen Jopson and Andrew Edwards.
Cumbria are now in mid-table going into the final match against Cheshire at Appleby on Saturday, August 27.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 09 August 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with