Cumbria police probe man's death near path
Last updated at 15:15, Monday, 05 November 2012
A man has been found dead near a footpath in west Cumbria.
Police were alerted after the body of Gary Murphy, aged 29, was discovered at the back of The Crescent, Cleator Moor, at 7am today.
An ambulance attended but Mr Murphy, of the Hawthorns, Cleator Moor, was pronounced dead at the scene.
There are no suspicious circumstances. The coroner has been informed.
First published at 12:14, Monday, 05 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Heads lead by example, raising £1,030 conquering Scafell Pike
- Cumbrian farmers' concern over zero-tolerance enforcement of sheep tagging
- Radio 1’s Fearne Cotton becomes latest Carlisle United recruit
- Castle ruins survived to be preserved for Penrith
- Saucy Cumbrian young farmers calendar raises cash for cancer charity
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)