Cumberland Building Society is named the best in Britain by mortgage magazine
Last updated at 20:09, Friday, 23 December 2011
The Cumberland Building Society is the best in Britain, according to the mortgage industry’s most respected magazine.
The Carlisle-based society was named as the best regional building society at the Mortgage Finance Gazette awards ceremony in London.
The title was awarded to the financial institution which offered the most consistently competitive mortgage rates over the last year.
The Cumberland also collected the community services award for small and medium-sized lenders.
Chris McDonald, general manager at the Cumberland, said: “We are delighted to be named the UK’s Best Regional Building Society for the second time.
“We aim to provide consistently competitive mortgages and it is great to see this recognised by an independent organisation at a national level.
“Winning the award again demonstrates our commitment to providing our customers with great value-for-money mortgages over the long term,” added Mr McDonald.
“This award is held in particularly high regard as it is takes the entire cost of a mortgage into account, including arrangement fees.
“Many best buy tables simply rank products according to the interest rate and can give customers a misleading impression of the overall cost.”
First published at 11:26, Friday, 23 December 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Brave Cumbrian woman plans her bucket list
- Cumbrian graduate is making some NOISE in House of Commons
- Director wants help to film horror movie in north Cumbria
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)