Cruise ship The Balmoral to dock in Whitehaven next month
Published at 11:24, Tuesday, 10 April 2012
A classic cruise ship is due to dock in Whitehaven next month.
The Balmoral, which has played host to Princess Anne, will be also back in the port in June when it will be taking passengers to the Isle of Man.
Built in 1949 in Southampton, the Balmoral is also included in the National Historic Ships Register.
The ship, which is run by Waverley Excursions, caters to more than 500 passengers.
The Balmoral, which has been a regular visitor to Whitehaven, will be back on Friday June 15, Saturday June 16 and Thursday August 30.
Its onboard facilities include the newly refurbished lounge which was funded by ITV’s People’s Millions fund.
There is also restaurant, lounge bar, and souvenir shop.
For more information call 0845 130 4647.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (23 comments)
- The Cumberland Show 2015: In pictures (2 comments)
- Ten questions Carlisle Utd supporters want answered (59 comments)
- Tributes flood in for murdered Carlisle schoolboy Jordan Watson (50 comments)