Cruise ship The Balmoral to dock in Whitehaven next month
Published at 11:24, Tuesday, 10 April 2012
A classic cruise ship is due to dock in Whitehaven next month.
The Balmoral, which has played host to Princess Anne, will be also back in the port in June when it will be taking passengers to the Isle of Man.
Built in 1949 in Southampton, the Balmoral is also included in the National Historic Ships Register.
The ship, which is run by Waverley Excursions, caters to more than 500 passengers.
The Balmoral, which has been a regular visitor to Whitehaven, will be back on Friday June 15, Saturday June 16 and Thursday August 30.
Its onboard facilities include the newly refurbished lounge which was funded by ITV’s People’s Millions fund.
There is also restaurant, lounge bar, and souvenir shop.
For more information call 0845 130 4647.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)