The comments facility is a free service provided by CN Group Ltd.
Content is "pre-moderated." This means that users will be able to upload messages but their postings will be subject to review by moderators and may not be published if deemed inappropriate.
We would ask all users to support this site by reporting anything they spot that they think is inappropriate. Our moderators will also monitor content and react to any of your complaints as soon as they receive notification. Inappropriate content will be removed.
Use of the site is subject to these terms and conditions and by using the site and/or using the site to read or post messages you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. You must be over 18 to use the site. If you are under 18 please stop using it.
2. The email address that you use to login is personal to you and you must not allow anyone else to use it. Comments submitted without a valid email address may not be released.
You must not impersonate any other user of the site or do anything to assist an unregistered user to gain access to the site.
3. Use of your personal data by us is subject to our Personal Data policy;
4. You may not reproduce, modify or redistribute any material appearing on the site or create a database in electronic or structured manual form from any information or content on the site.
You warrant, agree and undertake that:
1. you will not post any material which is obscene, defamatory, or which otherwise is in breach of the law or in breach of the rights of any third party;
2. you will not post any material which is in any way offensive, threatening or personally abusive;
3. you will not make any commercial or business use of the site or post any material which comprises advertising, promotional or marketing material of any kind;
4. any material posted by you is original to you alone and does not infringe any rights of copyright, trade mark or other third party rights and you grant us a royalty-free irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce in whole or in part, modify and adapt such material and authorise others to do so in any media now known or in future developed in any part of the world;
5. you understand and agree that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage and loss and you agree to indemnify us and keep us at all times fully indemnified from and against all claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of any material posted by you on the site or any use by you of the site.
Disclaimer of Liability: Use of the comments area is entirely at your risk. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any third party material appearing on the site or for the nature or content of such material. For the avoidance of doubt, to the fullest extent permissible by law we are not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of your viewing material on the site or your use of the site (save for death or personal injury if caused by our negligence).
We reserve the right (but do not assume the obligation) without notice to remove any material which we, in our sole discretion, deem to be harmful, offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right, where necessary, to amend (edit) submitted posts at our discretion (without reference to the commenter or explanation) and not release any comments we feel are unsuitable for the site. These are without prejudice to any of our rights at law, all of which are specifically reserved.
This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Users should observe these guidelines about any content they wish to post on the community comment site:
1. content must not be racist, homophobic, sexist, or demeaning to either sex, abusive, sexually explicit, of a disturbing nature or that preaches, encourages or incites religious or ethnic hatred;
2. be civil when using this facility and respect other users. Do not post content which is aggressive, abusive or deliberately designed to anger other users. Personal attacks are disruptive and will not be tolerated. Any such posts will not be released;
3. content must not break the law, or encourage others to break it;
4. it must not make defamatory comments about others;
5. do not use swear words in order to offend others, or which may be deemed rude or mean spirited;
6. chain letters or pyramid schemes are prohibited;
7. do not use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users. Messages found to be from someone using multiple logins/user names will not be released. We would expect councillors and those in public office to use their names when using this facility (otherwise their messages may not be released);
8. we cannot publish content containing languages other than English;
9. offensive or inappropriate user names are banned. Their messages will not be released. In addition, messages bearing the username Anon may not be released.
We reserve the right to revoke, at our discretion and without notice, any registration associated with this, or any other CN Group website.
Amended: April 23, 2012