Carlisle Utd's Matty Robson an injury doubt for Walsall clash
Last updated at 12:25, Monday, 25 February 2013
Matty Robson remains an injury doubt for manager Greg Abbott as a groin problem could keep him out of tomorrow night’s home clash with Walsall.
And bloodied hero Danny Livesey will also have his head assessed before the Blues go back into battle.
Robson was kept out of Saturday’s draw with MK Dons due to his groin injury and Abbott said: “I would say Matty is now genuinely 50-50 for the Walsall game.
“If there is any risk, we will leave him so he can be in serious consideration for next Saturday at Notts County.
“It might be one of those things that might not fully clear up until the end of the season and we might have to manage it. But we don’t want to take any chances with a lot of games coming up.”
Defender Livesey needed extensive treatment to a head wound after a collision with Dons’ Dean Lewington, having to leave the pitch twice before being subbed in the second half.
The battling centre-half was replaced by Peter Murphy, whose display impressed Abbott and the Dubliner will be on standby to face the Saddlers.
Robson’s absence, meanwhile, saw Wigan left-back Jordan Mustoe handed a debut and Abbott was encouraged by the 22-year-old loanee.
“Overall it was a really encouraging start and I think Jordan will get better,” the United boss said.
United’s youth team are back in action tomorrow with a trip to Wrexham.
And a date has been set for the young Blues’ Youth Alliance Cup northern final – they will host Walsall on Wednesday, April 3.
First published at 11:48, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cumbrian mum to run Edinburgh Marathon for heart unit
- £500,000 cycling track planned for Carlisle community campus
- Teen wins Royal Television Society award for film about 'gran she never knew'
- Dalston bike man has some competition - from a scarecrow
- Britain's Got Talent star Emma Jones inspired by SuBo
- Jobs under threat at Willmott Dixon (4 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (143 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)