Carlisle United teenager Josh Todd inspired by fellow Brunton babes
Published at 11:28, Friday, 28 December 2012
TEENAGER Josh Todd says the success of fellow Brunton babes Dave Symington, Mark Gillespie, Mark Beck and Brad Potts this season is inspiring him to join them in the first team.
Todd became the fourth homegrown player to make his debut this season when he came on for Miller for the final 10 minutes of the 3-0 Boxing Day win over Hartlepool.
The 18-year-old central midfielder from Canonbie is highly regarded and is rated as the most technically-gifted players among the crop of youngsters.
Todd missed the start of the season with a hamstring injury before the first-year pro had a spell on loan at Workington Reds.
The youngster admits seeing his fellow former youth-team players grabbing the headlines has helped to motivate him.
Todd, whose parents hail from Carlisle, said: “We’ve been a group and best mates since the first year, and I’ve seen them do well, which is great, and now I’m hoping to join them.
“I had a bad injury at the start of the season, then got back to terms with things after my loan at Workington.
“I trained hard and got my chance against Hartlepool which is great. I wouldn’t say it’s been frustrating but when the other lads who are the same age as me are doing so well, I wanted to get out and try and do what I can do. Since I came back from Workington, where I didn’t play much, the gaffer said he’s been impressed with me.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Brave Cumbrian woman plans her bucket list
- Cumbrian graduate is making some NOISE in House of Commons
- Director wants help to film horror movie in north Cumbria
- Carlisle man refused benefits - for the sake of £3 NI shortfall
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)