Carlisle United's Potts wins England call
Last updated at 15:43, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Carlisle United youngster Brad Potts has today been called up by England's Under-19s.
The versatile teenager will join up with Noel Blake's squad after the Blues' game at Brentford on Saturday.
Potts, who can play in defence or midfield, was been added to the squad to face Finland next Tuesday after Birmingham's Nathan Redmond pulled out with injury.
The 18-year-old could become Carlisle's first home-grown England Under-19 international since Paul Reid in 2000.
"I'm absolutely buzzing," Potts said. "I never expected anything like this. I'm nervous but really looking forward to it."
The game is at Telford's New Bucks Head Stadium and Potts will join the squad for training at the new St George's Park national football centre.
First published at 15:42, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (35 comments)
- Parking fees will kill my business, says Carlisle gym owner (60 comments)
- Talkin Tarn hotel for sale - again (3 comments)
- Traffic concerns delay decision on new Carlisle supermarket (26 comments)
- 'Good' Carlisle primary school in special measures (35 comments)