Carlisle United's Potts wins England call
Last updated at 15:43, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Carlisle United youngster Brad Potts has today been called up by England's Under-19s.
The versatile teenager will join up with Noel Blake's squad after the Blues' game at Brentford on Saturday.
Potts, who can play in defence or midfield, was been added to the squad to face Finland next Tuesday after Birmingham's Nathan Redmond pulled out with injury.
The 18-year-old could become Carlisle's first home-grown England Under-19 international since Paul Reid in 2000.
"I'm absolutely buzzing," Potts said. "I never expected anything like this. I'm nervous but really looking forward to it."
The game is at Telford's New Bucks Head Stadium and Potts will join the squad for training at the new St George's Park national football centre.
First published at 15:42, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (9 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)