Carlisle United match at Crawley called off
Published at 10:08, Friday, 18 January 2013
Carlisle United's League One clash at Crawley has this morning been postponed.
The decision to call the game off followed a pitch inspection at 10am at the Sussex club's Broadfield Stadium.
Parts of the pitch, which had been covered, were frozen, while the likelihood of more snow in the area had led to safety concerns.
An early decision was also made to prevent United and their fans travelling to Crawley, with heavy snow affecting roads in many parts of the country.
Greg Abbott and his Blues squad had been due to set off for Sussex at 10am but will now meet at Brunton Park for a training session.
It is the second Carlisle away game to fall victim to the weather this season after their December trip to Scunthorpe was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
A date has not yet been set for the rearranged trip to Crawley.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cumbrian mum to run Edinburgh Marathon for heart unit
- £500,000 cycling track planned for Carlisle community campus
- Britain's Got Talent star Emma Jones inspired by SuBo
- Teen wins Royal Television Society award for film about 'gran she never knew'
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (5 comments)
- Jobs under threat at Willmott Dixon (4 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (143 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)