Carlisle United match at Crawley called off
Published at 10:08, Friday, 18 January 2013
Carlisle United's League One clash at Crawley has this morning been postponed.
The decision to call the game off followed a pitch inspection at 10am at the Sussex club's Broadfield Stadium.
Parts of the pitch, which had been covered, were frozen, while the likelihood of more snow in the area had led to safety concerns.
An early decision was also made to prevent United and their fans travelling to Crawley, with heavy snow affecting roads in many parts of the country.
Greg Abbott and his Blues squad had been due to set off for Sussex at 10am but will now meet at Brunton Park for a training session.
It is the second Carlisle away game to fall victim to the weather this season after their December trip to Scunthorpe was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
A date has not yet been set for the rearranged trip to Crawley.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (9 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)