Carlisle United loan star Joe Garner holds talks with Watford boss
Last updated at 11:46, Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Joe Garner has held crunch talks with boss Gianfranco Zola following his return to Watford.
The striker played the final game of his 93-day loan at Carlisle United in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Shrewsbury.
Garner returned to Vicarage Road for talks with Zola yesterday afternoon, and the signs are that the 24-year-old will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window.
Greg Abbott would love to bring Garner back in the new year and pair him with fit-again targetman Lee Miller, but the Carlisle manager is certain to face competition for him.
Garner, who is still Carlisle’s record buy after they splashed out £140,000 to sign him from Blackburn in 2007, has made a vital contribution since his arrival from Watford in September, hitting eight goals.
First published at 11:08, Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (106 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)