Carlisle United loan star Joe Garner holds talks with Watford boss
Last updated at 11:46, Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Joe Garner has held crunch talks with boss Gianfranco Zola following his return to Watford.
The striker played the final game of his 93-day loan at Carlisle United in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Shrewsbury.
Garner returned to Vicarage Road for talks with Zola yesterday afternoon, and the signs are that the 24-year-old will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window.
Greg Abbott would love to bring Garner back in the new year and pair him with fit-again targetman Lee Miller, but the Carlisle manager is certain to face competition for him.
Garner, who is still Carlisle’s record buy after they splashed out £140,000 to sign him from Blackburn in 2007, has made a vital contribution since his arrival from Watford in September, hitting eight goals.
First published at 11:08, Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)