Carlisle United defender Bugno's contract cancelled
Last updated at 09:38, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Italian defender Alessio Bugno's unhappy stay with Carlisle United is officially over after the Blues cancelled his contract.
The left-back has now cut his ties with Carlisle, having been looking for a club in his homeland for several weeks.
Bugno is not understood to have yet found a new club but is now free to move on after this morning's decision.
The 22-year-old returned to Italy in early December after the club said he had struggled to settle after his summer move.
Bugno started the season in the United side after impressing manager Greg Abbott in several trial appearances.
But he quickly lost his place to Chris Chantler, and left after making just four appearances for Abbott's side.
United managing director John Nixon said: "We have reached a mutual agreement and Alessio has subsequently had his contract with us cancelled.
"As far as we understand things he is still having trials, but we needed him to make a decision before the transfer window closed [at 11pm today].
"He hasn't settled over here so the best thing for all concerned was to allow him to leave and try to secure himself a deal over in Italy."
First published at 09:36, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (3 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)