Carlisle United boss Greg Abbott wants new loan signing
Last updated at 12:05, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Manager Greg Abbott will renew his efforts to make a new loan signing after Carlisle United's defence struggled at Scunthorpe.
The Blues boss wants cover at the back with Chris Chantler out for the season.
Abbott is using Matty Robson at left-back but conceded the ex-Hartlepool man had an off-day in the 3-1 defeat at Glanford Park.
The United boss believes Robson can do a capable job in the position but would still like to use him further forward, where Robson has excelled this term.
Asked if a new signing was likely, Abbott said: "I would like to be able to go into the open market, but I'm working in a very limited market.
"We haven’t got the fortunes that other people have to play with. I look at Bournemouth spending £400,000 on a player in January and I feel a bit sorry for myself at times.
"But no excuses, we will try and make the squad a little bit stronger. It's an area where we probably need options.
"Matty has been great going forward, but had a game [at Scunthorpe] where he found it tough. The whole back four did.
"It's an area where I'd like to get some options. If I can do it with the support of the board with what we've got, I will try and make it happen."
Former United striker Paddy Madden is now League One's outright leading scorer after firing his 17th goal of the season in Yeovil's 3-1 win over Preston last night.
First published at 11:50, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cumbrian mum to run Edinburgh Marathon for heart unit
- £500,000 cycling track planned for Carlisle community campus
- Britain's Got Talent star Emma Jones inspired by SuBo
- Teen wins Royal Television Society award for film about 'gran she never knew'
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (5 comments)
- Jobs under threat at Willmott Dixon (4 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (143 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)