Carlisle's Stony Holme Golf Club awarded GolfMark/Clubmark status
Last updated at 12:26, Thursday, 06 October 2011
Members at Stony Holme Golf Club in Carlisle are celebrating after being awarded GolfMark/Clubmark accreditation by the English Golf Union and English Women’s Golf Association.
The Carlisle course is one of only a few golf clubs in Cumbria to have achieved this status.
Clubmark is the only national cross sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs with junior sections.
It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
Clubmark accreditation is awarded to clubs that comply in four areas, the Playing Programme, Duty of Care andSafeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People, Knowing your Club and its Community and Club Management.
GolfMark is a national scheme that identifies and recognises junior and beginner friendly golf facilities.
The team that worked towards this accreditation was headed by PGA Golf professional Stephen Ling and assisted by Derek Daley and Roger Hoskins, together with other committee members who all deserve credit.
On achieving this award, club secretary Alan McConnell said: “The club is honoured to have achieved this accreditation and it is the fulfilment of a lot of hard work which goes on behind the scenes of the club to make Stony Holme Golf Club such a hospitable and enjoyable environment in which to play golf.
“This makes Stony Holme one of the best places to take up, take part and learn to play golf at an affordable price, which is particularly relevant in the present economic climate.”
Stony Holme Golf Club operate out of Stony Holme Golf Course on St Aidans Road in Carlisle, which is managed by Carlisle Leisure Limited on behalf of Carlisle City Council.
Andy King, Managing Director of Carlisle Leisure Limited, says: “Together we have always strived to provide the residents of Carlisle with the best golfing environment that we possibly can.”
He added: “The Golf Club committeeand members have worked very hard to secure this accreditation.”
Any one interested in joining the club or getting started in the game should contact Alan McConnell on 01228 625511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
First published at 11:31, Thursday, 06 October 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- German Baroque and Spanish renaissance music in the Lakes
- Mum at baby’s bedside after A66 road crash tragedy
- Masked robber's 'terrifying' knife point raid at Carlisle shop
- Former bank manager jailed after Carlisle detectives crack Champagne scam
- Lapping concern over Carlisle United bid by ‘outsider’
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (106 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)