Carlisle's Northern Security creating nine jobs
Last updated at 13:14, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Nine new jobs have been created at a Cumbrian security firm after it won a string of new contracts.
Northern Security, of Carlisle, is creating the positions after clinching new work and striking deals to extend existing contracts.
Two of the new jobs are in Carlisle, four in Penrith, two at Lancaster and one in Kendal.
Paul Hopper, Northern Security managing director, said: “Local businesses are really responding to the quality service and high levels of customers care that we are renowned for delivering.
“This has helped us to create nine new positions across the county which is a significant boost to our workforce and a further demonstration of customer satisfaction with our services.”
Northern Security was ranked among the top five per cent of security firms in the UK by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
The firm provides security guards, intruder alarms and CCTV systems.
Mr Hopper, of Houghton, near Carlisle, launched Northern Security after falling into the guarding industry while working as a taxi driver.
The firm began when he won a contract to guard a housing estate at Carlton Grange, Carlisle.
Its first big job was guarding the Debenhams construction site when the retailer was building its store in The Lanes.
The company grew steadily in Cumbria before Mr Hopper snapped up an ailing Middlesbrough security firm and then expanded into Manchester.
The firm’s blue-chip client list has included the University of Cumbria, the Cumberland Building Society and Middlesbrough Football Club.
The firm has built its reputation on an “added-value” model that sees it offer services including building maintenance, turning off lights and vehicle and goods check-ins as well traditional guarding duties.
First published at 11:26, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site