Carlisle man charged with eight indecent assaults on boy
Last updated at 11:17, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
A 38-year-old man accused of a string of sex assaults on a boy more than 20 years ago has appeared before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court.
Robert Cook, of Eldon Drive, Harraby, Carlisle, is accused of eight indecent assaults on the boy on dates between 1988 and 1990.
Six of them are alleged to have taken place between October 9, 1988 and October 11, 1990, and the other two between October 10, 1988 and October 11, 1990.
Cook was not asked to enter pleas to the charges but he had previously denied all of them when he appeared before local magistrates.
His barrister Kim Whittlestone told the judge his pleas would be “a firm not guilty”.
Cook is expected to go on trial in July.
First published at 11:15, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auction of late TV celebrity's possessions
- Major flaws found in heating systems at homes in Cumbrian town
- Double the delight for singer Maddy Prior at Cumbria university graduation
- Farmer’s wind turbine plan rejected by Eden councillors
- Celtic Nation in turmoil as owner sells, manager quits (26 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Barrister buys historic Cumbrian hall to restore for son, 10 (14 comments)