Carlisle man charged with eight indecent assaults on boy
Last updated at 11:17, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
A 38-year-old man accused of a string of sex assaults on a boy more than 20 years ago has appeared before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court.
Robert Cook, of Eldon Drive, Harraby, Carlisle, is accused of eight indecent assaults on the boy on dates between 1988 and 1990.
Six of them are alleged to have taken place between October 9, 1988 and October 11, 1990, and the other two between October 10, 1988 and October 11, 1990.
Cook was not asked to enter pleas to the charges but he had previously denied all of them when he appeared before local magistrates.
His barrister Kim Whittlestone told the judge his pleas would be “a firm not guilty”.
Cook is expected to go on trial in July.
First published at 11:15, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)