Carlisle man attacked partner in front of son, two
Last updated at 11:36, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
A 19-year-old man attacked his girlfriend and pinned her to the ground.
Keiron Richard Simmons grabbed hold of his partner as she sat on the sofa with her two-year-old son, pinning her down.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how he had come home to find the boy playing with a toy hoover but took it away because it was scratching the floor.
His girlfriend comforted her son, who was crying and upset, and gave him a bubble blower.
Simmons, of Atkinson Crescent, Carlisle, came back in to the room and attacked her. She spat in his face and he grabbed her by the neck, pushing her against a wall. The woman got free and called police.
Defence solicitor Geoff Clapp said the couple were back together. He loved the boy very much, he said.
Mr Clapp said Simmons had a cannabis habit and, when the attack occurred on March 17, hadn’t taken any and was in a bad mood.
Simmons admitted assault and causing criminal damage to a child’s toy but did not agree with all the facts of the case.
A judge at a Newton hearing on June 1 will decide on which version of events to sentence him.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site