Carlisle man admits hurling racist abuse at football fans
Last updated at 11:50, Saturday, 07 April 2012
A man has admitted shouting racist abuse at a group of Preston North End supporters.
Liam Hetherington, of Semple Road, Harraby, Carlisle, pleaded guilty to “racially or religiously aggravated harassment” at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard Hetherington regretted his actions and that the altercation on March 30 started after a group of Preston supporters made comments about his ginger hair.
He was fined £125, plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 08:58, Saturday, 07 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)