Carlisle man admits hurling racist abuse at football fans
Last updated at 11:50, Saturday, 07 April 2012
A man has admitted shouting racist abuse at a group of Preston North End supporters.
Liam Hetherington, of Semple Road, Harraby, Carlisle, pleaded guilty to “racially or religiously aggravated harassment” at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard Hetherington regretted his actions and that the altercation on March 30 started after a group of Preston supporters made comments about his ginger hair.
He was fined £125, plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 08:58, Saturday, 07 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Brave Cumbrian woman plans her bucket list
- Cumbrian graduate is making some NOISE in House of Commons
- Director wants help to film horror movie in north Cumbria
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)