Carlisle man admits hurling racist abuse at football fans
Last updated at 11:50, Saturday, 07 April 2012
A man has admitted shouting racist abuse at a group of Preston North End supporters.
Liam Hetherington, of Semple Road, Harraby, Carlisle, pleaded guilty to “racially or religiously aggravated harassment” at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard Hetherington regretted his actions and that the altercation on March 30 started after a group of Preston supporters made comments about his ginger hair.
He was fined £125, plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 08:58, Saturday, 07 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (33 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)