Carlisle man admits hurling racist abuse at football fans
Last updated at 11:50, Saturday, 07 April 2012
A man has admitted shouting racist abuse at a group of Preston North End supporters.
Liam Hetherington, of Semple Road, Harraby, Carlisle, pleaded guilty to “racially or religiously aggravated harassment” at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard Hetherington regretted his actions and that the altercation on March 30 started after a group of Preston supporters made comments about his ginger hair.
He was fined £125, plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 08:58, Saturday, 07 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (7 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (15 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (26 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)