Carlisle couple accused of sex act in public
Last updated at 12:14, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A Carlisle couple have appeared at the city’s crown court charged with outraging public decency by committing a sex act in front of their neighbours.
Spencer Notridge, 36 and his wife Jacqueline, 41, were accused of “lewd, obscene and disgusting” behaviour after an alleged incident at Scalegate Road, Upperby, on June 16 last year.
At the city’s Crown Court yesterday they both pleaded not guilty to outraging public decency “engaging in a sexual act while in view of members of the public”.
Spencer Notridge also denied indecent exposure intending that “someone would see them and be caused alarm or distress”.
That incident is alleged to have happened a fortnight after the first one.
The Notridges were remanded on bail and will go on trial on May 16.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (27 comments)