Carlisle bar to shut for refurbishment
Last updated at 11:42, Saturday, 05 January 2013
A city centre bar is closing temporarily for a refurbishment.
The Lane Bar Kitchen on Long Lane, between Fisher Street and Castle Street, will open again on January 18.
Gill Ellis, who has run the bar since March 2011, usually closes for a time in January to carry out minor renovations and refurbishments.
She said: “Basically its an ongoing project. We are aiming to bring a little glamour to our ladies and gents toilets. They are small but will be quite chic when we have finished.
“We are also installing new flooring and revamping our entrance and doing some bits and pieces downstairs in the bar.
“We have quite a few things in the pipeline for the spring, including our boutique guest accommodation becoming available from March, so quite a lot to do in a short time – we do like a challenge.”
The new accommodation is a one-bedroom townhouse with a bathroom, living room and kitchen.
Gill said: “It will be marketed as Lane House Boutique Accommodation. We are trying to offer something a little bit different.
“We are not going to have a TV as we want a place where a couple can come and just enjoy each other’s company.
“We had a trial run and had a incredible response, so we must be on the right track.”
The Lane operates from a building that was formerly Alcoves, the Lemon Lounge and Magentas.
First published at 11:07, Saturday, 05 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (203 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (52 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)