Prices cut and new routes added in Carlisle bus battle
Last updated at 12:51, Friday, 21 December 2012
The battle for bus passengers between Stagecoach and Reays has taken another twist.
Stagecoach has just slashed the price of the Carlisle Dayrider ticket from £2.60 to £2 until the end of February, undercutting its rival.
Meanwhile, Reays is about to launch a service from Carlisle to Workington via Thursby, Wigton, Aspatria and Maryport, in competition with Stagecoach’s 300 service.
It starts on January 7 and will provide up to six journeys each way, Mondays to Saturdays, with some additional trips as far as Wigton. Most will go via the Cumberland Infirmary, providing a direct link to the hospital from west Cumbria.
Stagecoach’s Carlisle Dayrider provides a day’s unlimited travel within the urban area of Carlisle.
Following the launch of Reays’ City Hopper network in 2010, Stagecoach cut the price to £2.90, then £2.60. Reays’ day ticket costs £2.60.
First published at 12:50, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)