Pair join board of directors at Story Contracting
Last updated at 17:03, Friday, 24 January 2014
Two long-serving managers at Story Contracting have joined the company’s board of directors.
Plant director Tony Cook and construction director Alistair Grant have more than 40 years of combined service with the Carlisle-based firm, which operates in construction, plant hire and rail infrastructure.
Mr Grant joined in 1990 as a site manager and engineer, and is now responsible for the construction division whose clients include Nestlé and Pirelli.
He was instrumental in setting up the Story Contracting training centre, which has seen hundreds of employees pass through.
Mr Cook joined in 1995 as a plant mechanic. He has overseen the rapid growth of the plant division, which supplies plant equipment to construction and rail engineering customers across the UK.
Founder and chief executive Fred Story said: “Alistair and Tony’s knowledge and extensive experience have contributed greatly to the development of our construction and plant divisions.
“We anticipate this will be the case for many years to come.”
He added: “We have great ambitions for Story Contracting.
“With a team of high-calibre, committed and ambitious people who understand the importance of delivering excellent service, we will continue to go from strength to strength.
“Promoting Alistair and Tony to our board is indicative of our strategy of investing in and rewarding talent.”
Story Contracting was founded in 1988 and is based at Burgh Road Industrial Estate.
First published at 17:02, Friday, 24 January 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (26 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (32 comments)