Commendation at awards for housing development
Last updated at 13:54, Friday, 12 October 2012
A FAMILY-RUN firm produced Cumbria’s only housing development to be commended at the annual British Homes BuildQuality Awards.
Lattimer Homes, based at Mealsgate, near Wigton, had been short-listed in the category for up to 50 properties because of the standard of its work at Sheila Fell Close in Aspatria.
Director George Lattimer picked up the finalists’ award at a presentation dinner at the Marriott Hotel in London’s Grosvenor Square last week.
He said: “It was a thrill for us to reach the final again because the standard is incredibly high. We actually won this award last year with a different development at Dean near Cockermouth, so we will try to win our crown back next year.”
The awards were this year sponsored by the Sunday Times newspaper.
They were presented by George Clarke, presenter of Channel 4’s The Home Show.
They recognise build quality in construction. To be eligible for an award, developers had to complete homes on sites in 2011 which had already received industry recognition.
First published at 13:55, Friday, 28 September 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site