Commendation at awards for housing development
Last updated at 13:54, Friday, 12 October 2012
A FAMILY-RUN firm produced Cumbria’s only housing development to be commended at the annual British Homes BuildQuality Awards.
Lattimer Homes, based at Mealsgate, near Wigton, had been short-listed in the category for up to 50 properties because of the standard of its work at Sheila Fell Close in Aspatria.
Director George Lattimer picked up the finalists’ award at a presentation dinner at the Marriott Hotel in London’s Grosvenor Square last week.
He said: “It was a thrill for us to reach the final again because the standard is incredibly high. We actually won this award last year with a different development at Dean near Cockermouth, so we will try to win our crown back next year.”
The awards were this year sponsored by the Sunday Times newspaper.
They were presented by George Clarke, presenter of Channel 4’s The Home Show.
They recognise build quality in construction. To be eligible for an award, developers had to complete homes on sites in 2011 which had already received industry recognition.
First published at 13:55, Friday, 28 September 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Hopes of reviving Cumbria Day (3 comments)
- £4.8m Star of Caledonia artwork to be unveiled - in miniature (6 comments)
- Report urges Cumbria to seek stronger links with Scotland (14 comments)
- Don’t look here for fracking desolation, Lord Howell (2 comments)
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with