New-look Carlisle firm lands major contract
Last updated at 09:15, Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Carlisle clothing supplier Liberty Work and Leisure has landed a major contract – and given itself a new corporate identity.
The company, in Millbrook Road, Kingstown Industrial Estate, will supply uniforms for more than 800 employees at a new business set up by Cumbria County Council.
This will provide catering and cleaning services to the authority and compete for work in the private sector.
It is due to begin trading next month.
Andrew Dunning, managing director of Liberty, said the contract was worth a “substantial five-figure sum”.
Some elements of the uniform will be sourced in Cumbria rather than imported from the Far East.
Tabards and aprons are being manufactured by Cut Your Cloth, a new company employing staff from the former Remploy factory at Cleator Moor.
Liberty, meanwhile, has unveiled a fresh corporate identity. This will be used across all media including its website.
Mr Dunning said: “We apply corporate identities to work clothing for many successful businesses, so we thought it was about time we refreshed our own corporate look with something more contemporary.
“The look may have changed but our ethos remains the same.
“Everything we supply, from safety boots to business suits, comes with our reputation for reliability, a can-do attitude and excellent customer service.”
Liberty supplies workwear, corporatewear, high-visib-ility clothing, sportswear and schoolwear. It employs nine people and has clients throughout the UK.
The business began in 1995 but Mr Dunning, who has a sales and marketing background and formerly worked for the Enesco/Lilliput Lane group, bought it from Brian and Vicky Young in 2009.
First published at 08:49, Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Curle: Assistant Colin West has been given "a couple of days off"
- Striker Ibehre eyeing promotion with Carlisle Utd
- Rain buckets down as Silloth Green hosts live performance of The Tempest
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)