New head of planning at H&H
Published at 14:36, Wednesday, 30 April 2014
Chartered town planner Tom Woof has joined H&H Land and Property as head of planning.
He arrives at the Carlisle-based firm after 12 years running his own planning consultancy, Development Planning Solutions (DPS) in Kirkby Stephen.
He has advised on development schemes all over the country and has previously worked as a planner in three London boroughs and for Oxford City Council.
His main role at H&H Land and Property is to develop the company’s specialisms in local plan allocations, and in residential, rural, commercial and neighbourhood planning, and to provide planning services to clients.
He said: “We are in a fast changing planning world with the new regulations coming out and the Government is keen to further transform the planning systems.
“The challenge is to keep up to speed with the changes, creating the housing that we need and at the same time protect and respect the environments that people love and enjoy.”
Mr Woof’s remit covers section 106 negotiations, where developers agree to mitigate the effects of their plans by providing benefits such as affordable housing, community works or financial contributions.
As the first section 106 officer in the London Borough of Brent, he secured the section 106 agreement for the new Wembley Stadium, which opened in 2007.
He will continue to work on projects for DPS’ clients.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (26 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (32 comments)