New boss for Carlisle city centre restaurant
Last updated at 15:26, Thursday, 05 April 2012
A popular Carlisle restaurant is set for a Roman reinvention as the owner’s son prepares to take control.
Matteo Marras is handing over the reins of Vivaldi’s, in Lowther Street, to son Maff after eight years in charge.
And the 26-year-old has big plans for the Italian eaterie after being inspired by a year working in Rome.
He has carried out a full refurbishment and will relaunch the business as an Italian-style coffee bar, Latte Lounge – Cafe Italiano, today.
“I lived in Rome for a year and worked in a coffee bar,” said Maff, of Greystone Road.
“When I came home, my dad was talking about winding down towards retirement and was keen for me to take over the business.
“I didn’t just want to carry on doing the same thing, so I thought back to the coffee bar in Rome and decided to try and recreate that here in Carlisle.
“The menu will be slimmed down to things like Italian sandwiches, pizza and pasta.
“I’m really excited about it.”
Matteo, of Parkland Village, added: “I think his ideas are great – I wish I’d thought of them!”
The business will be open from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday, with a takeaway coffee service available.
First published at 14:22, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site