Lake District Hotels pin hope for future on next generation
Published at 09:28, Monday, 17 March 2014
The owners of Lake District Hotels believe in keeping it in the family – they have just made their daughter a director.
Dani Hope joined the board on her 30th birthday. She has been working in the business as marketing manager since 2011.
Lake District Hotels is owned by Kit and Charles Graves. It operates the Borrowdale and Lodore Falls hotels in Borrowdale, the George in Penrith, the Inn on the Lake at Ullswater, and the Skiddaw and Kings Arms in Keswick.
Mrs Hope said: “We’re a small family group of hotels that adapt and change with the times.
“As the next generation, I’ve enjoyed being able to make an increasing contribution and look forward to stamping a mark on our future, steered, of course, by the experience of our current directors.”
Mrs Hope studied marketing management at Manchester Metropolitan University then worked in digital marketing in Manchester with The Hut Group before joining the family business in 2011.
She juggled work with study for an MSc in digital marketing, which she completed in 2012.
She added: “Growing up around hotels, I have developed a sense of how things should be but when I started working in the business I felt it was important to get hands-on experience.
“I’ve had a chance to work just about everywhere, in the kitchens and housekeeping, reception, restaurants and marketing. It’s helped me appreciate how inter-dependent we are on each other.
“I’ve really enjoyed getting to know the staff, meeting local suppliers and many of our guests.
“My background in the digital age is very important to attract customers, but it’s what they experience when they stay with us that determines if they will come back again. That’s something we work on all the time.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (26 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (32 comments)