Interior designer Tony Chilton launches sofa supply business
Last updated at 10:22, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Footballer turned interior designer Tony Chilton has launched a business supplying sofas.
Cumbria Sofa Company will operate alongside his existing business, Tony Chilton Interiors, from the firm’s 4,000sq ft showroom at Carlisle’s St Nicholas Bridge Business Park.
The launch is the latest move in a major rebrand following Mr Chilton’s recent buy-out of Interior Connexions, the company he formed in 2010 with partners Kevin Percival and Matthew Wright.
But while Tony Chilton Interiors concentrates primarily on the commercial and leisure market, Cumbria Sofa Company is aimed squarely at domestic customers.
Mr Chilton said: “My experience tells me that any room can be improved with the right furniture, and you don’t have to spend a fortune to do so.”
He has overseen design and fit-out projects at the likes of Southend Airport, the Denton Holme student accommodation complex in Carlisle and luxury apartments in London’s Soho Square.
Cumbria Sofa Company offers affordable, bespoke sofas on a part-exchange basis to customers across the county. It promises a free delivery and removals service, with a delivery time of four weeks.
Mr Chilton, 47, was a defender who was on the books of Sunderland, Burnley and Hartlepool in the 1980s. He lifted the FA Challenge Trophy with non-league Barrow at Wembley in 1990 and managed Workington Reds and Annan Athletic during his football career.
Mr Chilton has been involved in the interiors trade for nearly 25 years. He added: “I have always had a passion for good design.
“When I was younger I was always into fashion and attention to detail, and when my football career came to an end it was the natural next step for me.”
Tony Chilton Interiors is currently working on the redevelopment of The Halston luxury apartment complex in the former Post Office building in Warwick Road, Carlisle.
First published at 10:18, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian ex-soldier accused of gun-running to stand trial in India
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Billionaire owner aiming to turn Cumbrian brewer into global brand
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Cumbrian TV star Helen Skelton and family moving to France
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)