Interior designer Tony Chilton launches sofa supply business
Last updated at 10:22, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Footballer turned interior designer Tony Chilton has launched a business supplying sofas.
Cumbria Sofa Company will operate alongside his existing business, Tony Chilton Interiors, from the firm’s 4,000sq ft showroom at Carlisle’s St Nicholas Bridge Business Park.
The launch is the latest move in a major rebrand following Mr Chilton’s recent buy-out of Interior Connexions, the company he formed in 2010 with partners Kevin Percival and Matthew Wright.
But while Tony Chilton Interiors concentrates primarily on the commercial and leisure market, Cumbria Sofa Company is aimed squarely at domestic customers.
Mr Chilton said: “My experience tells me that any room can be improved with the right furniture, and you don’t have to spend a fortune to do so.”
He has overseen design and fit-out projects at the likes of Southend Airport, the Denton Holme student accommodation complex in Carlisle and luxury apartments in London’s Soho Square.
Cumbria Sofa Company offers affordable, bespoke sofas on a part-exchange basis to customers across the county. It promises a free delivery and removals service, with a delivery time of four weeks.
Mr Chilton, 47, was a defender who was on the books of Sunderland, Burnley and Hartlepool in the 1980s. He lifted the FA Challenge Trophy with non-league Barrow at Wembley in 1990 and managed Workington Reds and Annan Athletic during his football career.
Mr Chilton has been involved in the interiors trade for nearly 25 years. He added: “I have always had a passion for good design.
“When I was younger I was always into fashion and attention to detail, and when my football career came to an end it was the natural next step for me.”
Tony Chilton Interiors is currently working on the redevelopment of The Halston luxury apartment complex in the former Post Office building in Warwick Road, Carlisle.
First published at 10:18, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site