Hotel near Carlisle awarded four-star status
Published at 13:46, Friday, 07 March 2014
Wetheral's Crown Hotel has been awarded four-star status by the AA.
It is only the second hotel in the Carlisle area to be rated as four-star, the other being the Hallmark in the city centre.
The Crown has 51 bedrooms and facilities include the Conservatory Restaurant, which holds an AA rosette for the quality of its food, Walton’s Bar and a leisure club and beauty rooms.
It employs up to 80 staff.
Hotel manager Paul Hicks said: “This is a huge achievement for the hotel, a real team effort and a great endorsement for the service, hospitality and guest experience that we offer at the Crown Hotel.”
AA Hotel Services has been rating accommodation since 1908 and introduced the star system in 1912, recognising establishments for the quality and range of their services and facilities.
The scale goes from one to five stars.
There are no five-star hotels in Cumbria.
Those with four stars must have “professional, uniformed staff who respond to guests’ needs or requests” and have “well-appointed public areas”.
The restaurant or dining room has to be open to non-residents with lunch available “in a designated eating area”.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (3 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)