Cranstons in national barbecue finals
Last updated at 14:52, Friday, 25 April 2014
Butchery firm Cranstons is set to sizzle in the finals of a national competition.
The family-run Cumbrian company has made it to the last stage of the Q Guild butchers annual BBQ competition.
It is among the contenders in the beefburger section – after its Cumberland sausage was voted the best UK sausage in last year’s competition.
Managing director Philip Cranston said: “The national barbecue championships are a great showcase for the fantastic barbecue products independent butchers have on their counters throughout the summer months.
“Cranstons is thrilled to have made the national final with our 4oz beef burger. Last year we were lucky enough to win the title best sausage in the UK.”
Cranstons’ portfolio of shops includes its Cumbrian Food Hall in Ullswater Road, Penrith, along with the new Cranstons Food Hall at Orton Grange, west of Carlisle.
There is also other Cumbrian interest in the finals.
Higginson’s Butchers, in Main Street, Grange over Sands, will go for the best sirloin steak.
First published at 14:50, Friday, 25 April 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)