Cranstons in national barbecue finals
Last updated at 14:52, Friday, 25 April 2014
Butchery firm Cranstons is set to sizzle in the finals of a national competition.
The family-run Cumbrian company has made it to the last stage of the Q Guild butchers annual BBQ competition.
It is among the contenders in the beefburger section – after its Cumberland sausage was voted the best UK sausage in last year’s competition.
Managing director Philip Cranston said: “The national barbecue championships are a great showcase for the fantastic barbecue products independent butchers have on their counters throughout the summer months.
“Cranstons is thrilled to have made the national final with our 4oz beef burger. Last year we were lucky enough to win the title best sausage in the UK.”
Cranstons’ portfolio of shops includes its Cumbrian Food Hall in Ullswater Road, Penrith, along with the new Cranstons Food Hall at Orton Grange, west of Carlisle.
There is also other Cumbrian interest in the finals.
Higginson’s Butchers, in Main Street, Grange over Sands, will go for the best sirloin steak.
First published at 14:50, Friday, 25 April 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Pub of year prize for Cumbrian landlord after just two years at helm (3 comments)
- Paediatrician and world record speed-walker dies suddenly at 47
- Father died trying to rescue daughter from river
- Cumbrian donors help to unlock door to our ancestors’ bloodlines
- Still more to come as nine join Carlisle United