Carlisle wedding photographer's Top Ten award
Last updated at 09:41, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
Carlisle-based wedding photographer Andrew Coleman is among the best in the country.
He received a Top Ten award in the weddings category of the Guild of Photographers’ Photographer of the Year competition.
Mr Coleman, 36, runs Picture U in London Road with his wife Joanna.
He said he was “gobsmacked” to make the final 10 of a competition that attracts entries from all over the UK and as far away as Hong Kong.
Photographers submit an average of three images each month for a year, which are assessed and given points by a judging panel. The 10 with the highest scores receive the Top Ten award.
Steve Thirsk, one of the directors of the guild, said:“For anyone to achieve a Top Ten award following such a demanding and highly-contested judging process is remarkable.
“Andrew Coleman is clearly a very talented photographer.”
The guild was established in 1988 to support photographers and uphold professional standards.
Mr Coleman, previously a part-time photographer, set up Picture U after being made redundant from his job as a bus driver.
First published at 09:40, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
- New landmark building planned for Botchergate in Carlisle (25 comments)
- Cumbrian garage owner selling up due to supermarket competition (11 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (72 comments)
- Talkin Tarn hotel for sale - again (2 comments)
- Carlisle United survey: Results in full (23 comments)