Bulloughs’ MD leaves store after a decade
Published at 01:00, Friday, 08 July 2005
BULLOUGHS’ long-serving managing director Trevor Gyllenspetz has parted company with the Carlisle department store.
Mr Gyllenspetz left Bulloughs on June 30 after more than 10 years with the family-run firm.
Sales director Edward Bullough said the former managing director had left the company by mutual consent.
He said: “It was a mutual decision because of where the company is at now.
“We basically did not need so many chiefs.”
Mr Gyllenspetz originally worked alongside founder Arthur Bullough’s grandson Ian as joint managing director. When Ian Bullough retired in 2004 he became the firm’s sole MD.
In recent weeks, Langholm-based clothes retailer Edinburgh Woollen Mill signed a deal to takeover one-third of the ground floor space at Bulloughs’, creating a dozen new jobs.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)