Brampton Community Centre to host first jobs fair
Last updated at 18:56, Saturday, 31 May 2014
Brampton Community Centre is hosting its first jobs fair on Tuesday.
The event aims to put job hunters in touch with employers and help them frame their job applications to maximise the chance of success.
Employers and training organisations attending include Pitman Training, Creative Support, Oaklea Trust, Riverside Recruitment, 4EXMilitary, the Army, Cumbria Volunteer Sector, Riverside Housing, Solway Communications, Crimson Chameleon and Chamber of Commerce.
Nick Kittoe, director of Solway Communications, will talk about how technology can improve efficiency and build a sustainable business.
And Caroline Gunning, of the business consultancy Crimson Chameleon, will reveal how to make the vital first impression at interviews and create a winning CV.
The jobs fair runs from 10am to 4pm and is sponsored by the housing association Riverside.
Fiona John, Rural Growth Network hub manager based at Brampton Community Centre in Union Lane, said: “This is an inaugural event for the centre and, if it goes well, we would like to make it a regular feature.”
And Kerry Glaister, Riverside’s project officer, said: “We are committed to helping tenants and local residents find jobs and are delighted to be supporting the fantastic work that Brampton Community Centre does.”
Official figures show that unemployment continues to fall.
The number of people claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance in Carlisle district has fallen by a third in the last year.
There were 1,456 claimants in April, down from 2,163 in April 2013.
First published at 14:35, Friday, 30 May 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (27 comments)