Bus passenger hurt by stone-throwing yob
Last updated at 12:06, Monday, 11 February 2013
A woman was injured after a stone was hurled through a bus window.
The bus was travelling on the A596 from Maryport to Flimby on Saturday afternoon when the stone smashed through a window and struck the female passenger.
A police spokeswoman said: “The bus was between Forth Engineering and the ambulance station when the driver’s side was hit by a stone which went straight through the window, causing damage to the value of £500.
“The stone then hit a female passenger, causing injury.
“Two youths were seen in the area, and it is believed that the stone was thrown from nearby.”
The Stagecoach bus operating on service 30/31 was struck at about 2.30pm
A spokesman for the bus company said: “A window on the bus was broken next to where a female passenger was seated.
“Our driver offered to call for medical assistance as a precaution. However, the passenger declined and continued her journey on a replacement service.
“The safety of our passengers and our staff is our absolute priority and incidents such as this are rare.
“However, this kind of irresponsible behaviour can have serious consequences and result in people being injured.
“We are passing CCTV footage from the bus to the police. We would also ask anyone with any information about the incident to contact the police to help them track down those responsible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:04, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Curle: Assistant Colin West has been given "a couple of days off"
- Striker Ibehre eyeing promotion with Carlisle Utd
- Rain buckets down as Silloth Green hosts live performance of The Tempest
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)