Burglar steals World War II medals from Cumbrian house
Last updated at 13:34, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A burglar stole three World War II medals from a house in Workington while its elderly occupant was out.
Police say the medals are of high sentimental value to the victim.
They are appealing for any information which would help return the medals to their owner.
The burglary happened late on Sunday evening in Robinson Street.
Two of the items were silver circular medals and the third was in the shape of a star.
Anyone with information should call DC Tim Carr or anyone at Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 13:31, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (26 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (32 comments)