Biker killed in north Cumbria road crash
Last updated at 08:04, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
A north Cumbrian motorcyclist has died after crashing into a wall.
The rider, a man in his 30s from the Wigton area, died at the scene on the A6 at Calthwaite next to Bulls Head Farm.
Police believe he lost control of his Suzuki GSXR machine on the brow of a hill and collided with the wall at about 5.20pm yesterday.
The road was closed for about five hours so that Cumbria police's roads policing unit and collision investigation unit could examine the scene.
Anyone who saw the collision or the bike before the crash should call the roads unit on 101 quoting reference number 233 March 4.
First published at 07:40, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with