Baywatch star David Hasselhoff pays quick visit to Lake District
Last updated at 13:48, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
A world-famous actor swapped his swimsuit for a waterproof jacket for a visit to the Lake District.
Baywatch star David Hasselhoff was in the Lakes for a whistle-stop trip.
‘The Hoff’ is starring in pantomime Peter Pan at the Manchester Opera House this year and took some time out from his preparation to visit the area with his girlfriend Hayley Roberts.
The pair stayed at Holbeck Ghyll, sampling a taster menu at the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant and relaxing in the hotel spa.
One of Hasselhoff's tweets. Article continues below....
The Holbeck Ghyll Hotel is simply perfect ! twitter.com/DavidHasselhof…— David Hasselhoff (@DavidHasselhoff) December 2, 2012
Mr Hasselhoff even donated some backstage tickets for the panto to a charity ball which was taking place at Windermere School.
He tweeted several pictures during the weekend and proclaimed: “The Lakes rock!”
The Knight Rider star told staff at the hotel that he planned to return to Cumbria.
Holbeck Ghyll general manager Andrew McPherson said: “Mr Hasselhoff and his partner couldn’t have been lovelier and helped to get everyone into the Christmas spirit. He was telling us how hectic his panto schedule was and, because it was his last weekend off until the end of January, they were keen to get away somewhere special to relax.
“He said he’d had a wonderful time exploring Windermere and Ambleside and recharging his batteries before flying back to Manchester in a helicopter,” added Mr McPherson.
“While he was very happy to chat with other guests and staff, and pose for pictures, we get a number of high-profile guests at the hotel and some are very keen on their privacy, which we always respect.
“We recently opened a fabulous private dining suite, the idea of which is that you can come and stay and dine in complete privacy if that’s what you wish,” said Mr McPherson. “We showed the suite to the Hoff and he has already said he’ll be back as they have a big family birthday coming up.”
First published at 13:38, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (38 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (44 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Neil McDonald out of the race to be Carlisle Utd manager
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (55 comments)
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)