Attacker admits stabbing man on Carlisle street
Last updated at 13:10, Thursday, 14 February 2013
A man has admitted stabbing another in a Carlisle street.
Barry Coleman, 30, of Marks Avenue, Raffles, Carlisle, was arrested after around 15 police officers responded to numerous calls that people were fighting in the Eden Street area of Etterby just before midnight on January 22.
Coleman needed treatment in hospital after being discovered with a head injury in the vicinity of a property on Garden Street and 31-year-old Paul Elliott was found with a stab wound to his hand.
At a brief hearing at the city’s Crown Court Coleman, appearing via a video link from Durham prison, pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm on Mr Elliott with intent to do so.
He also admitted being in unlawful possession of a knife in Garden Street.
He was remanded in custody for sentencing on March 8. Judge Paul Batty QC warned him he would probably face prison.
First published at 13:01, Thursday, 14 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Brave Cumbrian woman plans her bucket list
- Cumbrian graduate is making some NOISE in House of Commons
- Director wants help to film horror movie in north Cumbria
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)