911 star Lee’s B*Witching new bride
Published at 01:00, Thursday, 14 September 2006
By Roger Lytollis
CUMBRIA’S pop idol Lee Brennan is set to break thousands of hearts today when he gets married to a fellow pop star.
Carlisle-born Lee, who shot to worldwide fame in the 1990s as the singer with boy band 911, is set to wed his long-term girlfriend Lindsay Armaou, formerly of girl band B*Witched.
The wedding is due to take place in County Wicklow, near Dublin, and the reception will be held at nearby Powerscourt House.
Lee, 32, who was brought up in Harraby and Currock, told the News & Star: “I’m really excited about it and a bit nervous, mainly about my speech. But Lindsay’s a lovely person and I’m really looking forward to marrying her.”
The couple met eight years ago when B*Witched were supporting 911 on a UK tour.
The bands have sold 15 million records between them, including five UK number one singles.
They live in London. Lee often travels hundreds of miles to watch Carlisle United.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (18 comments)
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (14 comments)
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (12 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)