911 star Lee’s B*Witching new bride
Published at 01:00, Thursday, 14 September 2006
By Roger Lytollis
CUMBRIA’S pop idol Lee Brennan is set to break thousands of hearts today when he gets married to a fellow pop star.
Carlisle-born Lee, who shot to worldwide fame in the 1990s as the singer with boy band 911, is set to wed his long-term girlfriend Lindsay Armaou, formerly of girl band B*Witched.
The wedding is due to take place in County Wicklow, near Dublin, and the reception will be held at nearby Powerscourt House.
Lee, 32, who was brought up in Harraby and Currock, told the News & Star: “I’m really excited about it and a bit nervous, mainly about my speech. But Lindsay’s a lovely person and I’m really looking forward to marrying her.”
The couple met eight years ago when B*Witched were supporting 911 on a UK tour.
The bands have sold 15 million records between them, including five UK number one singles.
They live in London. Lee often travels hundreds of miles to watch Carlisle United.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle Utd boss not surprised if Blues have to fend off bids for Jabo Ibehre
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Saved Silloth Carnival ready to entertain
- New city centre vicar looking forward to a cultural journey
- Brothers are first people to swim entire length of River Eden
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)