20 teams help to raise funds at Eden Golf Club
Last updated at 15:49, Saturday, 20 October 2012
Cumbria champion Will Bowe will be among the county golf stars in action in a fundraising tournament at Eden Golf Club tomorrow.
County captain Martin Hand and players including Kieran Waters, Geoff Nixon, Grant Little, Carl Johnstone and Cumbria seniors champion John Willis will play in the am-am to help raise money for Cumbria Golf.
It is the first time the county has staged the tournament, and tomorrow’s event has attracted 20 teams.
County executive member Tom Little said: “If we can raise £2,000 that would be great. All the prizes have been generously donated by Cumbrian businesses.
“The event is to raise funds for clothing, coaching and travel expenses for all the county teams so everyone will benefit.”
The first tee is at 10am.
First published at 15:07, Saturday, 20 October 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (4 comments)
- Carlisle man harassed ex-partner within days of leaving prison
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (1 comment)
- Carlisle man refused benefits - for the sake of £3 NI shortfall
- How long until Cumbria gets 4G or even decent 3G coverage?
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)