20 teams help to raise funds at Eden Golf Club
Last updated at 15:49, Saturday, 20 October 2012
Cumbria champion Will Bowe will be among the county golf stars in action in a fundraising tournament at Eden Golf Club tomorrow.
County captain Martin Hand and players including Kieran Waters, Geoff Nixon, Grant Little, Carl Johnstone and Cumbria seniors champion John Willis will play in the am-am to help raise money for Cumbria Golf.
It is the first time the county has staged the tournament, and tomorrow’s event has attracted 20 teams.
County executive member Tom Little said: “If we can raise £2,000 that would be great. All the prizes have been generously donated by Cumbrian businesses.
“The event is to raise funds for clothing, coaching and travel expenses for all the county teams so everyone will benefit.”
The first tee is at 10am.
First published at 15:07, Saturday, 20 October 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- No special plans to deal with Hartlepool's Paynter, says Carlisle Utd boss
- Former Appleby bank turned into deli and butchers
- Family's appeal for help to adapt house for disabled daughter
- £2.25m revamp of Carlisle industrial estate to start
- From Carlisle airport to New York for just £200? (23 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (23 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (52 comments)
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)